1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Tucker...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bill Nye?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah, Nye doesn't look like a copier repairman.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A pink shirt even! He's made for me :D

4. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Silly me for thinking it was a Tucker McLaughlin thread.

Carry on...

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No matter how many times you say that, it will still just be you saying that.

It doesn't reflect the thought process of any other sentient being of which I'm aware.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The problem, Zeke, is your definition of sentient being is way out of whack. Just look at your political heroes and your comrades on this board.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Logicall fallacy:Ad hominem.

Logical fallacy: Guilt by association.

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I doubt that I am the only one saying that. Maybe the only one here, but certainly not the only one. I disagree with damn near everything you say, but I don't think you're an idiot.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Jesus, can we try this one more time?

Carlson called an Edwards case in which a girl's intestines were fucking ripped out a "jacuzzi case," clearly implying that it was frivolous.

There is nothing left or right about it. It's a stupid-ass opinion. He's an idiot, a fucking idiot, for saying it.

And evidently any complaints from the right are constructive criticism and free exercise of the right to dissent, while the same from the left is whining from a "limited worldview," which must be the latest buzzphrase from the blast faxes.

Nice.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Again, you make a logical leap.

I might disagree with what you say.

I might also think you're an idiot.

The two are likely related.

But correlation does not equal causation.

Tucker Carlson is an idiot independent of where you perceive his political leanings to be.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

The initial post, which I was responding to, was about Carlson calling out Edwards on something completely apart from the "jacuzzi case". Guess I should use the quote function more often.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Well, in the link with the initial post, Carlson seems to be holding Giuliani to one standard, and Edwards to another, for the same activity: charging a fee for speaking appearances.

I can see how a reasonable person would deduce that to be idiotic.

Draft saved Draft deleted