1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, the weather outside is (going to be) frightful ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The tornado warning for my county just expired. Lots and LOTS of wind (my boss's storm door got pretty much blown off its hinges) and heavy rain...for about 15 minutes.

The thing that drives me crazy - the storm sirens here go off any time a warning has been issued. I laugh. This includes severe thunderstorm warnings. And then, this voice comes over the system and says there's a severe weather alert out. The first time I heard it...after I was done laughing, I called everyone in Kansas so they could have a good laugh at it as well.

2. gretchd

gretchd Member

I promise you get used to it. It's just a part of life where I'm from.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We had a tornado watch earlier, but it was lifted by 3 this afternoon.

Now we're just getting hammered by wind. Can't tell if this is worse than last year's wind storm, but it's pretty close.

And we were on early (8 p.m.) deadline tonight because everyone thought the storm was supposed to be worse than it was. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted