1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, the weather outside is (going to be) frightful ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 11, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Highs in the 60s next week, though.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Supposed to be in the lower 50's here today. That's a fucking heat wave here in NH. Highs in the mid to upper 30's all week, though. No snow in the forcast...Yet. ;D

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

WOW!! That's so original. You could have called me Dorothy too. Because I haven't heard that one about 1.5 million times since I moved here either.

I miss my nice brick house. The walls there didn't creak when up against 40 mph gales.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do if something actually happens with this storm. After seeing what it did to Lone Oak, Okla. (Not to mention seeing all the carnage of the tornadoes while I was home at Christmas) this thing ain't fucking around. I'm on the second floor of a 2-story building and I have no idea where the tornado shelters (if there are any) in this town.

4. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Be prepared for some of that wenders and KY. I am hearing as the temps warm up, you could see more tornadic activity.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Well, this is about the time when tornadic activity builds up as the cold air masses from Canada clash with the warm air coming in from Mexico and southern U.S. [/formermeteorologymajorkid]

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I went home sick yesterday and ended up writing from home, while watching CNN and calling everyone I could in Oklahoma. I knew as soon as I went home sick that a disaster would hit somewhere in the United States. I actually had my money on the volcano in Alaska erupting, though.

Covering these unpredictable disasters sucks sometimes. I always feel bad for the people involved.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Considering inexplicable and extreme weather patterns have happened throughout history ... you're right: they aren't a sign of global warming.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Old Tony: Making the inexplicable splicable since 2002.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I was just joking.

And this storm wasn't as bad as they thought. So much for 60 mph winds ...

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

KY, we're getting pretty good winds here. SO glad I have to drive 36 miles away in about 35 minutes. FUN!

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Weather sirens just went off here in Cincy. I guess the severe thunderstorms are moving in now (with tornado watch), we get the high winds just after that stuff clears out.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If I ever lived in a city and the weather sirens started going off, I would shit my pants without question. While I love tornadoes and severe weather, I've never seen a tornado and I don't think I'd ever want to.

Draft saved Draft deleted