1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's more than I ended up getting, though it snowed for an hour here. I am guessing the wind blew it all away.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I heard Beaumont and Port Arthur got 3-4 inches. Forget school today. Snow plows there are a rumor.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It is snowing in Baton Rouge, and it's bigger flakes than I ever remember seeing in Louisiana. It's sticking to the ground, which was unexpected.

Beautiful.

4. KG

KG Active Member

It's supposed to snow in the Atlanta area tonight, but it's been too warm for the last few days for anything to stick. Still, if it still looks like it's going to snow as the night approaches, I can imagine the grocery stores around here will be wiped clean of their bread, eggs and milk. Why the hell do people find these to be such a staple when it snows?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

6. Johnny Dangerously

[​IMG]

Baton Rouge snow.

A few more shots here (click and scroll):

http://www.americanpress.com/lc/blogs/wpDubois/?p=33

7. KG

KG Active Member

Thanks, JD. Maybe that's what I have in store for me too.

8. Johnny Dangerously

You're welcome.

One silver lining from Hurricane Gustav: That storm knocked down so many trees, tree limbs and power lines, there weren't many tree limbs left to bring down power lines this morning. Relatively few power outages so far.

Of course, we paid the price in September.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

After I graduated from college in Florida, my first "real" newspaper job was in Wyoming. After several years of Wyoming winters, watching Southerners react to snow became a form of entertainment.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Yeah, it's snow! In the South! Amazing! Why is the Jennifer Aniston photo getting more views than my snow pictures??

:D

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because most SportsJournalists.commers want to subscribe to her newsletter. ;D

12. KG

KG Active Member

I clicked on it twice, does that help? ;-)

Draft saved Draft deleted