1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 9, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can't believe the lunatic fringe hasn't checked in posting how this proves there is no global warming.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's 30 degrees out! It must be a hoax!

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Damn you, Al Gore!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

That fucking guy is the worst!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Temp has gone up 15 degrees tonight.. asskicking storm and chance of tornadoes.... yay me

6. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

It started off in the low 50s this morning and the temperature has been dropping ever since. It's now 23 degrees and sleeting/snowing/icing over everything.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a disaster on the roads. There was already one fatal accident because of the weather this afternoon.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

78 and a few clouds this afternoon. Temperature dropped more than 30 degrees and clouds began to form as I went inside to cover a game. Came out, drizzling a bit, but cold. Driving home, I get hit by a hail storm. Park at my apartment and it begins to snow.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Snowy and crappy here. Lots of cancellations/postponements the last two days.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, nothing but a bit of snow around 1 p.m. There was snow near us, but not here.

It is 27 out, though. That is ass for us West Texans.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The city of Lexington, KY was put on high alert over the weekend.

Drivers were told to stay off the roads, and yet there was maybe an inch of snow on the ground.

Wenders could probably vouch for me.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Holy Crap! It freaking snowed in Houston today!

I repeat.

It. Snowed. In. Houston.

Take that in and think about it. Snow. In Houston. I was a little shocked. I missed it because I was at work, but saw it out of the window. When I got off, my car was covered in it. It's not sticking on the ground, but it is still covering things outside of my home.

12. KG

KG Active Member

It's been raining in Atlanta for more than a day. This morning, it was raining so hard that I actually had some coming in through the chimney. It was just a little bit, but it takes one hell of a storm to do that. Oh, also there were several inches of water pooling in the yard.

Draft saved Draft deleted