1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh ***T, I need some quick help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 14, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You can cook, right? Pick up a couple of good steaks, a bottle of great champagne, give her the frame, and write a stunning note about what the last 30 years have meant to you.

Actually, if you do a good job with the note, you can probably forego the steaks.

Mazel tov.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

She already has the frame but the rest of it will work.

(and I assume "30 years I'll never get back" is not what you meant? OW, stop. That hurts. I WAS KIDDING)

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You should repent to a man of the cloth.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No good advice, Moddy. I am sorry. I have had to flub my way through stuff with women, but not an anniversary.

Just wanted to say, if I ever think about getting married again, I am going to have the post that started this thread saved and I am going to read it to come to my senses.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

My understanding here is that you're about to celebrate your 30th anniversary, you do an "official" celebration a few days before the event, and you take your wife at her word that nothing more is required on the actual day. Of the THIRTIETH anniversary?

Good God, man, I thought I was clueless. I would have at least gotten it in writing. (And then you could have put it in the picture frame!)

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just tell the Queen that cranberry called Duran Duran the new Beatles.

She won't be able to stop laughing long enough to be mad at you.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't forget to add that Honeymoon Suite is the new Triumph.

8. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

I was about to suggest you contact 21, the doyen of romance, but I see she has come to your rescue.

You do remember how to write?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Pretend it's a press release and lie like hell if you have to.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Can I make up quotes?
    Not that I'd ever do that. Just asking.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

"I love you more than I love that Nats, more than I love VCU, more than I love SportsJournalists.com, more than I love bologna sandwiches," Moderator1 said.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Just a word of warning: Moddy isn't the only Nats fanboi looser around these parts...

Vaya con Dios, Moddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted