1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Snap! Oral history of Theismann's broken leg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Nothing comes close in my opinion.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ray Chapman would probably disagree.

But, he's dead.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'll mention Tyrone Prothro, but only because Alabama's incompetent team doctor fucked up the surgery and aftercare so badly.

It's not a coincidence that one of the first things Nick Saban did upon getting the Alabama job two years later was change team doctors.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Interesting. I follow wrestling pretty closely but had honestly never heard of Sid snapping his leg.

5. Sea Bass

Bryant Young.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Shaun Livingtson's knee explosion belongs somewhere in this conversation.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Clint Malarchuk getting his neck sliced was no day in the park.

Liut, ChrisLong and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned one of Roethlisberger's many career ending injuries.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had a college roommate who said he was there that night. He said fans were fainting and puking in the aisles afterward.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't up there with Sid's injury but I remember watching when they showed Triple H blowing out his quad. The replay where you could see it go was pretty creepy.

11. Sea Bass

I remember the SI story on the incident said there weren't enough stretchers in the building for all the people who had passed out after seeing what happened.

12. Sea Bass

Haven't seen that one either, although I know of it. I'll tell you one thing though - none of these things ever happened to Slick Ric.

Well actually, something like that probably has happened to him but I'm guessing he just strutted it off.

Draft saved Draft deleted