1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Noes! Steven Tyler (may have) quit Aerosmith!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yes, on my walk from the train into work, I passed under the House of Blues sign announcing a show by the Joe Perry Project. Didn't Alan Parsons hold the trademark to being a Project?

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Now that is fucking funny! Love their live version of "Big 10-Inch Record".

I mentioned on the music thread that I have heard some of the new Joe Perry album. Good stuff, some of the old Joe Perry Project stuff was light years ahead of what Aerosmith was churning out at the time.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Damn there's some outstanding stuff on this thread. Well done, boys and girls.

The board has been absolutely en fuego lately.

5. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

The JPP version of "Let The Music Do The Talking" was a milion times better than the craptastic Aerosmith recording of it.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i think so. they should collect royalties from perry and these guys

http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/project_86/artist.jhtml

actually i would think they made a good deal on royalties from the bulls in the jordan years.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"East Coast, West Coast" is a great JPP rocker too. New album has a killer version of the oldie (I first heard it on an old, old Fleetwood Mac album) "Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight".

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Granny?!!

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rehab for an addiction to painkillers. Also needs surgery on his knees and feet to correct injuries from the past 10 years that left him in chronic severe pain, thus necessitating the painkillers.

http://www.apnews.com/ap/db_6775/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=OkwKTxYU&src=cat&dbid=6775&dbname=Top+Stories&detailindex=8

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is so sad, all those years after they went on "Wayne's World" and proclaimed themselves drug-free. Wayne and Garth laughing must have started him on the downward cycle.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Oh noes!!!!!

http://www.pbpulse.com/music/music-news/rock/2010/01/25/perry-aerosmith-looking-for-a-tyler-stand-in/

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherrone are available.

Draft saved Draft deleted