1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh no, not another relationship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If she woke up and smiled, she likes you. If she sat on your lap and kissed you, she likes you. If she went to the movies, she likes you.

How many more signals do you need? Sack up, bro. Don't make it a group thing. Very casually say, "What time do you get out of class? Want to grab some lunch?" Facebook is probably the easiest route, but I'd text her.

Start off with something like, "How much does it suck to be back in school..."
    See how she responds, ask about the schedule, boom, your in...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So is being the female equivilant of Hitch good or bad?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

What do you have to lose here?

Nothing.

Ask her out for a proper date.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Wow. Let me be the first to say 'drop it like it's hot.' Go with what your closest girlfriend says. If she believes there's no reason to pursue, she's probably right.

Sorry. I say chalk it to up to a notch on your belt and wait for a girl who won't dismiss a night with you as a drunken slipup.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Better than being Rokskiesque, I'd reckon. :)

Hey, us men have no self-confidence. You know this. I know this. Everyone knows this.
    Easier said than done.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe he doesn't WANT a wild girl. Maybe this is what he wants/needs.

Go and pursue it, hit it again if you wish and give us a status report.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

You even read what I wrote?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I did.

You said to "drop it like it's hot," based on his friend's advice. His friend said that the girl had "half a personality." Whatever that means. I interpret it to mean that the girl is kinda timid and withdrawn. Hey, maybe he wants that.

If I missed something, I apologize, Flash. Fill me in.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

CR,
    My advice is to explore this new house and don't think it's out of your price range.
    I'm just glad you moved out of your old neighborhood for good.
    Best of luck,
    Patchs

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Excellent advice right there, except that I'm old-fashioned and would suggest you call her instead of texting her. Good luck.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent theory...one all men should keep in mind, if for no other reason that confidence is sexy. If you believe you have a shot, your chances just went up.

Of course, some women absolutely think they are out of most of our leagues...then you know she's a stuck-up bitch and worth nothing more than the notch you already have on your belt.

I say go for it. For me, it's the things I didn't do that bug me more than the things I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.