1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh no, not another relationship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Don't worry, she's 19.

Last Thursday, I hooked up with THE HOTTEST girl I've met in two-plus years of school. It was very random, not something I even thought about until it was actually happening.

I would have and should have probably let it go as a random, once-in-a-lifetime, alcohol-fueled thing, but for some reason, I can't.

Before things got crazy, a group of her sorority sisters, two girls from another sorority and one of my soon-to-be frat brothers were discussing how none of us had seen Superbad, yet we all wanted to. We exchanged numbers and she said she would text me the next day and we'd all go.

I wasn't sure exactly how drunk she was, but I guess it was good that she smiled at me when she woke up in my arms rather than jumping off the couch and asking me what my name was. I definitely didn't expect her to still text me about the movie, since her sisters made her feel pretty awkward about the night. She's so far out of my league, and everybody treated it that way (especially the 20-plus Greeks who took pictures and laughed as she walked over to me by the pool, sat on my lap and started kissing me.

To my surprise, she did text me the next afternoon about the movie. Two of the girls from the other sorority and I got there a few minutes early (other guy didn't go), but she and her friends were 15 minutes late and couldn't find us in the theatre (I didn't even see when they came in) so we sat seperately.

After the movie, the six of us are standing out front of the movie in a very awkward situation. There's a lot of silence, nobody is saying much, then we all walk to the parking lot and leave, the three of them following 10 feet behind us the whole way. It was one of the most painfully awkward experiences of my life.

I know I shouldn't still be stuck on it, but I am. I sent her a Facebook friend request today, and she accepted it and added details for me to confirm: "We met randomly: Random drunken night with tequila, haha"

Clearly, we both see it for what it was and that's it. But now that I'm finally in the Greek system, and I'll be seeing a lot of her, I feel like I really want to see her in a more sober environment.

My closest girl friend said she thought she might actually like me, but also said that after getting to know her through sorority stuff, she has "half a personality." That really only made me want to find out for myself more. I know she's shy, and the other night was very uncharacteristic of her, from what I've been hearing.

So, wise minds at SJ, do I a) play it like a pussy/smart guy and forget about it like I do every other time I have a thing for a girl considered way out of my league b) call her, text her, Facebook her about getting another group together for a movie to do it right or c) something else?

Gotta love anonymous message boards. Hopefully a few more people don't put me on ignore for this thread, I think I just really needed to type this out to feel better.

2. "You're really cool. Let's do something sober together."

3. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Send her some of this and see if she calls back ...

[​IMG]

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No woman is ever out of your league, dear. There's a reason so many guys outpunt their coverage. Text or call her. You've really got nothing to lose.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Agreed with w-b. Stop with the drunk hookups.

And do something sober with the chick. You are this into her a week or so later, there's something there on your end worth pursuing.

And I breathe a sign of relief, along with Moddy, IJAG, BYH and the rest of SportsJournalists.com Nation, that she's at least fucking 18.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Others prefer this.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Wow, you sound like the female equivalent of Hitch.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

And don't do it as a group thing. Group things are a lot of the reason things get awkward.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Really? I've never seen that flick.

And you are having a RokSkiesque series of posts here, buddy :D

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Last relationship I have, the chick decides as a second date that we're going to do Sunday brunch with her roommate and her roommate's boyfriend. Surely, it was a chance for the roommate to scope me out a little more than she had the first time we hung out (we bumped paths at a ballgame). Nonetheless, it still was awkward until we ditched the roommate and the other dude.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I saw it for free. Otherwise, I'd gladly put myself in that category.

Unemployment will do that to you!

(Hey, I haven't posted 200 times in one day. I think my high is about 50 -- still wicked high, but whatever.)

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Grow a pair. Get over there and drill this chick like you're trying to find the buried miners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.