1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh My Goodness Gracious--Roger Clemens Indicted for Perjury

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Aug 19, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I liked watching Clemens pitch.

The one stretch he had in Toronto was amazing.

I've met him several times. He was always nice enough to me. We used him in a promotional spot. I didn't go the taping, but everybody who did said he was a good guy.

But, I don't think he's a "rocket" scientist. I think it's pretty clear he cheated, and I think it's pretty clear he lied.

I think he wants/wanted into the Hall of Fame real bad. I think he thinks he deserves it. (Probably justifies it in his own mind because of how many hitters were cheating and/or by telling himself that he would have gotten in without cheating.)

I think he decided he was going to lie through his teeth and just deny, deny, deny. I think that he thought he would clear his name if he volunteered to testify and was so outspoken in his own defense.

He just never counted on Monica saving the blue stained dress. :)

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I hope that you find my site to be an innovative and refreshing perspective on family, health, life and relationships.
    The mission of DebbieClemens.com is to empower mothers from a common sense and balanced lifestyle approach.
    The laws of life and fitness, as I call them, are to plan ahead, be practical and use common sense.
    Eat healthy; be dedicated to workout, recognizing life’s necessities that serve you well.”

- Debbie Clemens

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

" But . . . but . . T-Ball Boy LUUUUVVVVVS me . . . why doesn't everyone else?"

Too bad.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Took the words right of my mouth!

5. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

From Clemens' (verified) Twitter account: "Btw...the dude they sent from the times that did that so-called write up...he reeked of liquor both days. 11am interview (but I guess it was 5p somewhere)"

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Don't rise to the bait, people.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah . . . the stuff, and the cash.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Anderson and Bonds have been close friends since they were kids. It could simply be that Anderson didn't want to rat out his friend.

9. dmc

dmc Guest

Wow! I assume that will be addressed by the "dude".

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When did this happen? I've watched every Yankee game this past week and did not hear anything about this. This has to be another one of those made up internet stories.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

;D

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted