1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh. My. God. I finished writing a movie.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Feb 9, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

No, though I will now create a character in honor Johnny-5

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

That's great news to hear GBNF.
    So, will you have any say-so in what your movie poster will look like?

3. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

Congrats GB. I hope this is just the beginning of a successful career.

Quick question on the copyright front: What has to be done to protect your work? I actually wrote a country song (sans dogs and trucks and hot, tempting cousins) and was interested in getting it copyrighted. I checked with Legalzoom and wasn't impressed. How are you handling that issue?

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine used to crank out screenplays all the time (maybe he still does, I don't know). Not exactly Oscar-worthy stuff, they were always generic psycho thrillers and he always knew some guy who was interested in it who was close to Hollywood producers. I would read the odd one as soon as he finished the first draft and invariably the characters were wooden, the dialogue terrible and the plot cliched.

I'd give it back to him, offer up the odd suggestion but he'd throw it in an envelope to mail out and start on the next one. "Aren't you going to fix it up?" I'd ask. His reply: "I'll rewrite it when somebody pays me to."

Good luck with yours. Sounds like you're determined to make it successful which my guy could learn from. He's still waiting to hear back from those Hollywood producers.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'll look for the movie that has two dudes idly talking about Kim Kardashian's butt. Get it in quickly before she becomes completely irrelevant.

Seriously, good luck. Hope it works out.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You suck. This will never work. You know nothing about making movies.

(Just always wanted to be part of an awards speech: "You know, at first people said I sucked, that this would never work, that I knew nothing about making movies ..."

And now is the part where you triumph over adversity. :)

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

So you've read the script then?

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate that.

It's been a very long process, but we want to make sure the thing is good before it gets sent out.

A few of you will be receiving PMs regarding it...

Thanks again everyone

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Good news - Got the script registered and copyrighted with WGA-W last night.

Now at least it's protected.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, gotta ask: Any strong, or humorous, female characters?

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

One female lead, relatively strong, relatively humorous. A few other secondary characters, not particularly important.

Thanks for the question. I'm glad you had to ask.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I aims to please.

12. The real question everyone wants to ask is how many boobies are flashed/jiggled/etc.?

Draft saved Draft deleted