1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh. My. God. I finished writing a movie.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Feb 9, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Appreciate the comments guys. I'm obviously excited. We're making cuts this week and sending to my brother. My hope is to start talking to an agent by April...

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Cuts have been made, down to 121, and bro gets it tomorrow to cut another 15-20 pages off. WOW>

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm just catching up with this, since I was out of town when you finished. ... What the crap? How come nobody called me?

Congrats, dude. Writing a movie is one of my long-term goals, so let me know how it works out. I'll definitely be picking your brain.

4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Weren't we going to write a movie together anyway? Good, I have an idea...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

40-year-old virgin's already been done, GB. Not sure what mikey would add. :D

That being said, congrats on getting through this. I can't even comprehend...

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Very cool, dude. Mazel.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Congrats and good luck. I wrote two movies (both were produced by a small company), and it's a lot harder than most people think.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

GBNF,

Congrats. Quite a process, eh? here's to hoping it's produced as written, that they're aren't a bunch of colors in the shooting draft, and it doesn't get put into turnaround.

BTW...120 pages...good job there. Not brutally long. Love to read it some time.

9. Congrats. Keep us updated.

10. Seabasket

Seabasket Active Member

Any updates, GBNF?

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Thanks for checking in Seabasket, I appreciate it.

Things with the script are going awesome. Just finished the second draft last week, made some good changes that help the chracter development. The plot is pretty damn solid, but we reworked some stuff to get some more facetime for a couple of the better characters and took away some from the lesser ones.

We're getting the script copyrighted tonight and its going back to my brother. Figure on one more draft with minimal changes before we sget it into the hands of the Harold and Kumar guys.

Damn, I hope this works out.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Are there any jive-talking robots in it?

Draft saved Draft deleted