1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh man! I am rocking some Cookie Crisp right now ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My kids are getting to the age where cereal has become a regular feature in our household. And like many things, cereal hasn't really evolved much since I was a lad.

Today Mrs. Bubbler brought home a box of Cookie Crisp as per the request of my daughter.

When my daughter mentioned there was Cookie Crisp in the house, I was nonplussed. My cereal-eating heyday is long behind me, I wolf down dry Pop Tarts these days, but even in the rare times I do break into cereal mode, I am an orthodox Lucky Charms man.

But I got a sweet tooth a little bit ago and we're short on sweets. Then the box caught my eye. Cookie Crisp, huh? Little cookies, why not? So I poured myself a small bowl.

How do I describe this? Cookie Crisp is like General Mills-flavored cocaine. I don't know how they do it. It's not really cookies, more like some gingerish concoction with chocolate rabbit pellets embedded in it, but damn if the shit isn't good. And I'm eating them dry. I dare not put milk in my bowl or I might go insane. I know this because I popped a few in my mouth and took a swig of milk. How sublime.

As I ate a few, I realized that I was projecting in adulthood what I missed out on in youth. Kind of like my sister owning cats because they weren't allowed in our childhood house because I was allergic to them.

Cookie Crisp was only rarely seen in the Bubbler childhood home, my mom was totally against the concept of Cookie Crisp because, you know, it's fucking cookie-flavoredcereal, and fake, totally unhealthy cookies at that. You know if Cookie Crisp showed up in the house either it was on sale for half price, or, I surreptiously snuck it in the grocery cart.

So as I rock these yummy Cookie Crisp's, subconsciously, I am rebelling. No longer am I chained my the shackles of Cookie Crisp denial.

Free at last.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Cookie Crisp: UNDENIABLY the best cereal ever. Ever. Ever.

I eat it straight out of the box, like potato chips or crackers. Just grab a handful, pop em in my mouth, keep watching TV.

Rock on.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Dr. King would be proud that your deferred dream endured, Bubs.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Lucky Charms.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Whatever you do, do NOT get the Reese's cereal. It tastes more like shit and piss than chocolate and peanut butter.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Lucky Charms are still better.

7. imjustagirl

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I prefer Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

IJAG, I refuse to accept your opinion. Lucky Charms are the way, the truth and the light of breakfast cereal.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have deep cravings for those a couple times a year, but they are so sugary it is a bit of a system overload for me.

My No. 2 is Honeycombs.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'm personally a fan of Captain Crunch. ;D

12. imjustagirl

No, and here's why: the cereal portion of Lucky Charms tastes like sawdust.

Draft saved Draft deleted