1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Jesus, Majerus has done it now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Jan 23, 2008.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The archbishop of St. Louis is a piece of shit pharisee who thinks he and the GOP have a direct, 800 number to God. When he dies and approaches the gates, I have a feeling that St. Peter will punch him in the mouth.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Expressing your own opinion is overrated, anyway.

4. Some of Al's great fights at Marquette were with the Jesuits, who learned to treat a fellow renegade with respect.
    SLU is a Jesuit school. They should tell Bishop Fathead to go find a pedophile to harbor.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Remind me again why any of us should give a shit who a basketball coach, a star athlete or any other celebrity is going to vote for?

6. We don't.
    The archbishop of St. Louis does.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because G-d said so?

8. zagoshe

In that case, I have no problem with the archbiship telling Majerus to STFU but he should leave it at that. It is a Catholic University with Catholic values and if an employee disagrees or even agrees with said values he should really keep it to himself.

My larger point is why in the hell is Rick Majerus, Chuck Norris, Alec Baldwin, etc., etc. -- appearing on stage at any of these rallies? Who gives a fuck what they think?

That being said,

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, who gives a fuck what the Archbishop of Saint Louis University thinks? What gives him such great insight into politics that the basketball coach doesn't have?

10. The US Catholic hierarchy should all be summarily made to take a civics class in a re-education camp in the Smokies.
    Except for the ones that should be in prison.
    I care more about a coach's opinion than I do those of accessories before and after the fact.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The school administration is standing by Majerus. If Burke wants to play hardball over this, a lot of heads will be rolling.

12. zagoshe

Nobody gives a fuck what the archbishop thinks -- well except for those people who are his employees, either directly or indirectly, and he has the power to, you know, fire.

And your religious bigotry shows its ugly head again.

This is no different than a CEO issuing a directive to some of his underlings that it isn't good for business if they are spouting their political views in a very public way.

I don't know about your shop, but I know in my shop,we're not permitted to publicly endorse any candidates, even to the point where we can't put political signs in our yard because we are supposed to maintain neutrality.

This isn't that uncommon among big businesses so why should the Catholic church be ripped any more or less?

Oh that's right because they are a religious organization.........

Draft saved Draft deleted