1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Huck, Say It Ain't So...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Yay, Evolution is now a crackpot theory.

Could someone save this thread before Ziggy gets it locked.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yawn:

Why do you need prayer in school? Isn't that what church is for?
    Why does it bother you that homosexuals are open about their lives? How does it impact you negatively?
    There is nothing in the Constitution that says "America was founded on Christian principles." It was, indeed, founded predominantly by Christians, but not by priests or ministers. It was founded by men, meaning it likely was founded by some who were devout and some who were lapsed and some who were beholden to the concepts of their religions and by those who were hypocritcal about it. So there's no justification for trying to wrap the constitution in your interpretation of what Christianity should mean.
    Heck, there's nothing in Christ's teachings that supports your positions.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

It's un-Christian to steal.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So in the good, old days, people were Constitutionally free to be different as long as they didn't act on it or talk about it.

Sounds swell!

Oh, and I found this. It seems to contradict Yawn's post:

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I wouldn't expect any answers, Twoback. Yawn tends to run away from the truth.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent points, twoback, but shouldn't you be addressing the person whose words Yawn stole instead of Yawn? :)

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I had for dinner last night. It was dee-lish-ous.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Wrong, infidel!

http://www.godhatesshrimp.com/

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I agree.

Moreover, when the ancient world was in its last throes, the ancient religions were overcome by Christianity. When Christian ideas succumbed in the eighteenth century to rationalist ideas, feudal society fought its death battle with the then revolutionary bourgeoisie. The ideas of religious liberty and freedom of conscience merely gave expression to the sway of free competition within the domain of knowledge.

"Undoubtedly," it will be said, "religious, moral, philosophical, and juridicial ideas have been modified in the course of historical development. But religion, morality, philosophy, political science, and law, constantly survived this change."

"There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are common to all states of society. But communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion, and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all past historical experience."

What does this accusation reduce itself to? The history of all past society has consisted in the development of class antagonisms, antagonisms that assumed different forms at different epochs.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Seeing a locked thread with Yawn's post being the last one is kind of like seeing the blue "loss" flag flying over the scoreboard at Wrigley. A familiar sign of fail that's no less disappointing for being predictable.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Since you all claim to be journalists, and not idiots, you can obviously read the link and realize that what Huckabee's talking about is an amendment to outlaw abortion and outlaw marriage between any persons other than one man and one woman.

Now - you may disagree with those positions. I do. While I am against both abortion and gay marriage, and I don't support amendments of any kind.

But these are positions - ones that have been around for years - couched in rhetoric. You may not appreciate the rhetoric, but that's all it is. And you know it.

Huckabee didn't waltz around Arkansas for years because he was a moron. Follow his lead. Quit dicking around with a plagarist, take the story for what it really is, and stop trying to pretend the guy wants to hand over the country to Baptist ministers. He doesn't, and he wouldn't.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes . . . but wisdom is feeling secure in the knowledge that . . .

He'll. Never. Get. The. Chance.

Thank God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.