1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Huck, Say It Ain't So...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let's try this again, for the reading comprehension impaired. It's not just that he wants these things, but that he was stupid enough to say them publicly with those words.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just for fun I took that quizz and Huck was second last on my list. Duncan Hunter who I had never hard of before, was dead last.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Your liberal revisionists have been busy trying to spin history in a new way for 25 years.
    That's brilliance.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the Constitution is more than 25 years old. But whatever.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That's why MOST Americans like the guy. He's geniune. He says what he thinks and means what he says.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

"If you lend money to any of My people who are poor among you, you shall not be like a moneylender to him; you shall not charge him interest.” (Exodus 22:25)

"You shall not charge interest to your brother -- interest on money or food or anything that is lent out at interest.” (Deuteronomy 23:19)

“If he has exacted usury or taken increase -- Shall he then live? He shall not live! If he has done any of these abominations, He shall surely die; His blood shall be upon him.” (Ezekiel 18:13)

"In you they take bribes to shed blood; you take usury and increase; you have made profit from your neighbors by extortion, and have forgotten Me," says the Lord God.” (Ezekiel 22:12)

Hey, if we’re going to get Old Testament, let’s get Old Testament. Let’s have that Constitutional amendment banning usury. Of course, some Republicans might not like that. Some Democrats, too, for that matter.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A sure-fire way not to get elected.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It is. Before you guys got to work, America respected the intelligence of the framers and didn't try to recreate who they were.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

This shouldn't be surprising. You had to figure Huckabee was going to unveil some of his most vintage insanity for the South Carolina crowd, who by and large enjoy that sort of thing. He'll carry that state like a champ.

If I'm a Republican, Mitt's looking more and more like my only real hope every day. Huckabee is clearly not of sound mind, and McCain hasn't gotten the memo that a staunch pro-war platform is not going to fly. Plus, to paraphrase the club bouncer in Knocked Up, McCain's old as fuck.

ADDENDUM: I'm beginning to seriously wonder if there's something very ripe-smelling in Huckabee's closet. Public figures as bonkers as him, who are wrapped up in so much "righteous" hate for those who are different, sometimes are compensating for something. Anyone recall the anti-gay megachurch leader in Colorado who got busted for doing drugs with a gay prostitute?

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That may be right in the culture you speak of: a culture of liars.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Worked for George W. Bush ... twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.