1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Huck, Say It Ain't So...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The other shoe had to drop, sooner or later.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Left-wing hysteria alert:

I can think of a dozen Republicans who want these items. Looks like it's still a close race to the finish among them.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The fact that someone like Huckabee has so many supporters...well it just gives me the willies. Scary bastard.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

They say the Lord works in mysterious ways.
    I'd say this is a pretty good way of making sure this wingnut doesn't get elected.
    I'm a registered Republican, and the proudest moment of my career as a voter was when I took that online quiz featured here last week and discovered I agreed less with Huck than any other candidate in the race.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not like we favor any of then, Yawn.

We know your side has no shortage of America haters.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Never a threat. Huck could have a 35-40% share of the GOP voter pie, and he would never, EVER get past the GOP fatcat committee. Not in this lifetime.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

America haters? Try America restorers.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

You can't call him a wingnut! He's powerful and no powerful people are wingnuts!

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And the penalty for that may be the election itself, which the GOP fatcats really couldn't give a shit in. They'd just invest their millions in the things that will most formidably battle the democrat who they forfeit the election to.

The beauty of the election process used to be that the voice of the people counted.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

America haters? You mean people who seek to shred the constitution and create new ways to tax and spend us into oblivion, take away our right to bear arms and force us to accept a socialized version of medicine?

I'm not sure but I'm think I know which side has a whole lot of those kind of America haters and they give me the willies as much as the bible bangers.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Changing the Constitution to directly contradict what the founding fathers put in the Bill of Rights = restoration.

Brilliant!

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Off topic, but did the blogger really start this entry with a dateline, then "Huckabee" on first-reference? Seems a little informal, even for the Internet ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.