1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, God, Canada!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, there goes our refuge once 'Murica goes tits up. Canada's falling apart before our very eyes.
    First, a town plans to ban poutine from its hockey arenas (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2009/02/25/gatineau-considers-poutine-ban-like-banning-rainbows-and-happiness.aspx) and now I read that the maple syrup industry is seeing its costs go through the roof (http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Price+sweet+treat+skyrockets/1334062/story.html) and fears it might be in trouble.

WTF? What's next? Tim Horton's going out of business? Anne Murray returning to the recording studio? Michael Vick to the CFL?

WHERE WILL THE MADNESS END?

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Bryan Adams goes back on tour.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll buy Timbits on my way to work to keep Tim Horton's afloat. Least I can do.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I always loved ski trips to Canada because I could buy poutine.
    So damn good.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Order a couple of boxes for me while you're at it.

Hey, at least Rush is still going strong. :)

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Invisible airways crackle with life ...

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tim says thank you. :)

[​IMG]

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I didn't get any. Sorry, Timbo.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

America has a liberal government, Canada has a conservative. Are Canadian liberals threatening to run south when they aren't hating on Dion?

10. Sammi

Sammi Member

"Harvests were poor in 2007 and 2008 because the spring weather was colder than usual, which inhibited sap flow. That, in turn, meant less syrup, and higher prices."

Global cooling strikes again!

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Dion is no longer a factor. As for the Fiberals' new leader, Michael Ignatieff, he's only as "liberal" as necessary at any given time. Kinda like the Fiberals' patron saint, Pee-yair Truedough.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, Ignatieff's claim to leadership is that he's the exact opposite of Dion on everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted