1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Gag (Fawning Rick Reilly Column)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't have the heart to put this on the J board.

Question for you regular SI readers...

Is this Reilly's Brownest Bunny ever?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/rick_reilly/09/12/uncool0917/index.html

2. Did he just suggest Peyton Manning has no integrity because he does commercials? Yikes.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I'm sure winning the Super Bowl helped ease the pain of those mean linemen making fun of him.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Was it Reilly's best? No. Was it anything new? Not really. But it wasn't that bad.

I don't think he was questioning Manning's integrity, just saying he's not the same sort of extrovert Peyton is. And I'm sure it's nice for Brady that the only trash talk he hears from opposing defenses is "hey, I wanted to be fraud monitoring."

And no, I'm not Rick Reilly ...

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Luggy,

I just got the new SI in the mail today. The sub head read: Tom Brady As God by Rick Reilly. I knew right then and there that I wasn't going to read it.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That was horrific.

Biggest reach in a while.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ugh.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I like how he glosses over the fact that Brady had an out-of-wedlock baby. Brady wants to see her as much as possible? Awwww. You know how some dads are able to see their daughters as much as possible? They marry the mother of the baby.

See, now here's where Jemele could might be able to find the justification to write a column pointing out the hypocrisy of coverage. Might.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fixed your post.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least he had the courtesy to give a reach-around.

And Lugnuts seems to be carving a niche in the creating of baby-daddy threads.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'll give anyone one baby out of wedlock. Shawn Kemp and Travis Henry territory is another thing. It's not hypocritic to gloss over Brady's one Baby Momma. When he gets to a half-dozen, and isn't getting ripped, let me know.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Reason No. 3,145 why, despite all the bullshit, I just can't leave SportsJournalists.com behind. Because I get to see someone awesome like Lugnuts use the phrase "Brownest Bunny ever."

Draft saved Draft deleted