1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, for God's sake, AP...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Did the world really need a 30-inch story, and multimedia package, with graphics, photos and video, on the fact that David Beckham will NOT play for the next six weeks?

::) ::)

I can only sumrise that Beth Harris was trying to be droll here:

With AP breathlessly pumping out ledes and updates every time Beckham lightly tickles his left testicle, not too much danger of that.

:eek:

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think Becks has somebody to tickle his testicles for him.

That might be worth a spot of AP video ...

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's the thing, Starman. Becks is a big thing abroad, and AP isn't writing strictly for those of us in the U.S. Overkill? Probably. But given the hype that has followed this circus, it would have been inconsistent for this to be available as, at most, a four-paragraph brief.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We bitch when AP doesn't send a story on time. We bitch when AP doesn't send complete information. We bitch when AP makes a mistake in a story.

Now we're bitching for AP doing a story at all? For fuck's sake, Starman. If you don't like it, don't use it.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not only not droll, but as fundamental a mistake as 'could of.' Dampen means to make wet; damp means to reduce enthusiasm.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Apparently.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hilarious. ::)

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agree. I side with AP on many things. It's 30 inches and a mulitmedia package.

So convert it into a two-sentence item in briefs.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I ran 12 inches of it.

It wasn't hard to trim.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

What doc said.

Geez, get over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted