1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Britney, what have you done this time?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 31, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That still doesn't alleviate the blame from the kids, in my opinion. Mrs. Spears isn't putting the drugs and alcohol in Britney's hands or the cock in Jamie's snatch. You're responsible for your own choices and your own mistakes.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can you explain this one to me?

3. Meth is made in a lot of "country" places. My state is suppposed to be the world's greatest supplier of it.

4. three_bags_full

I know what it is and where it's made. Your statement implied that rural Americans are meth heads and dealers. It sounded that way whether you intended it to or not.

5. Come on. I'm from Oklahoma. I'm making a joke about my own people. Get over it.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As someone who grew up in a rural state 3Bags, let me echo Okie in saying that meth is a major, major problem in places that are considered "country." It's not conjecture or an unfair judgement, it's a fact. It's the drug of choice. Okie wasn't saying ALL rural Americans are meth heads. But meth is certainly a big problem in rural areas.

7. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

OK, I seriously think she'll be in the death pool shortly. Now, here's a photo I ran across that was jarring (believe me, you won't miss it).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=511440&in_page_id=1773

Such a stark, stark difference from even something like this...
    http://www.premiumseatsusa.com/concert/Britney-Spears/images/15_0901_britney_spears_c.jpg

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

She's not literally putting the drugs in Britney or the cock in Jamie, but the way she raised her children is likely figuratively doing it.

9. three_bags_full

How do you know HOW she raised her children? She may have raised them just fine. My parents raised me the same way as my sister. She quit school, got knocked up, has six kids by four men, never calls, never comes around, is a meth head (probably) and is a generally bad person. None of those qualities found their way into my personality.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, i actually feel sorry for her. she wasn't prepared for life from the trailer park, much less life as britney-fucking-spears.

it's really not her fault her mother is a complete fucking idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted