1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Britney, what have you done this time?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jan 31, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Police were called to Britney Spears' home a little less than an hour ago. TMZ says internet reports are circulating that the diva pop star tried committing suicide and she's being placed on a mandatory 515 hold.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Truly sad. Why this chick doesn't move away from L.A. and find a nice desolate abode in Southeastern Finland astounds me.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The AP confirmed she was taken to the hospital, but that's about all the information they have. Even the CNN story is basically the backstory of the last month or so.

4. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Her death in the next year or so is an inevitability at this point, right?

I'm amused by the other main headline on the E! site: "LiLo leaves a NYC steak house..."

WHY...WHY...for the love of God, why does anyone give a fuck what this woman eats and drinks (but mostly drinks)?!

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Those 5150 holds always make me think of this:

[​IMG]

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If Scientology really wants to change some minds and improve their public image maybe they can take a crack at setting Brittney straight.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It could be a "She's all That" scenario for scientologists.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

It's frightening. I was just thinking that last week. He might be batshit loco, but I'm betting Tom Cruise would LOVE that challenge. He'd jump up and down on a couch, smacking the floor just thinking about it.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

And this post made me laugh harder than any other this week. Well done.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Saw clips of her trying to drive her car last night... family needs to step in before the cash cow kills herself...

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Allegedly, that's why they decided she needed to go to the hospital now. Her psychiatrist said her erratic driving makes him think her condition is deteriorating. What? The random British accident didn't clue you in, Sam?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

GodDAMMIT why did I go to sleep last night?

Oh yeah, because I passed out. But still!

Draft saved Draft deleted