1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh boy. On which board should I post this story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 26, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that dog is worth more than their home.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Liar, this is what the bride really looks like.
    TV station went to her hospital room.

Bride Talks About Being Shot at Own Wedding
    Reported by: Sandra Kirk
    Email: skirk@fox16.com
    Last Update: 1:29 pm

Bride & Groom Recovering After Wedding Shooting

A bride shot at her own wedding is speaking out about what happened. She and her new husband had just exchanged vows at Piney Creek, near Dover, when police say a man used a semi-automatic gun to shoot them. Family members say an argument about dogs led to the shooting.
    Tuesday night, the couple remained at UAMS. We sat down with the bride, Melissa Beavers, and talk about what should have been the happiest day of her life. Right now, Melissa Beavers is spending her honeymoon at UAMS.
    "All I know is I got shot in the head. And it just grazed my head. My head's real sore," explains Beavers. "I was devastated. I didn't know what had happened."
    Shortly after getting married at Piney Creek Saturday night, deputies say 29 year old Patrick Duvall shot Melissa and Michael Beavers. Michael's daughter, Amber remembers the two men arguing about their dogs.
    "Then I looked at my dad and he was saying, don't pull a gun, or don't shoot my dog," remembers Amber.
    Beavers says, "I just remember that the dogs were starting to scuffle, I remember walking toward them. But then after that, I don't remember anything. Just shock. I can't really think how to feel about it; you know what I mean because I’m hurting so bad."
    Amber explains how she felt watching everything unfold, “It wasn't real, I was thinking I was watching a video game or something. It was something that I never dreamed I would see."
    For now, Melissa is focusing on her own as well as her new husband’s recovery. As for Duvall?
    "I hope he gets some reprimand over it. I didn't have any kind of weapon, I didn't have anything. Now, I might have gotten aggressive over the dogs fighting or something like that, started yelling or something like that but I didn't have a weapon," says Beavers.
    Duvall faces four counts of first degree battery felony and a felony vehicle theft charge. Duvall is expected to see a judge Wednesday morning.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That is one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen posted on here.

5. lono

lono Active Member

So the gunman was shooting the Beavers?

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I hope he gets some reprimand over it.

By all means, send him to bed without his supper while you're at it ...

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Boy, is that sentence a train wreck.

8. Here's the shooter.

[​IMG]

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

What gets me is the noticeably pregnant bride has a cig in her right hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted