1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ogden

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Derek_W, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

Does anyone know much about Ogden? All I know about the company is that it's based somewhere in Virginia and owns a number of mostly-small newspapers. I tried doing a search on it but can't find much information about it. Does anyone here work at a paper owned by Ogden?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

www.oweb.com

It's not jrc or CNHI, but ranks right up there

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

It's a railroad town north of Salt Lake City. Home of Weeeber State University's Big Sky Champion Wildcats.

4. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Really tall left tackle. Great feet, mobile. Long arms and rangy. Getting old.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

And the site of 2002 Olympic Curling!
    And the home of the Can't Sleep Inn next to the truck stop.
    I oughtta know, I spent a glorious 28 nights there during curling.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and a poet:

The ant has made himself illustrious
    Through constant industry industrious.
    So what?
    Would you be calm and placid
    If you were full of formic acid?

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

They're based in West Virginia, not Virginia. If you're looking to work for them, you should probably get the geography right.

They mostly own smaller papers, under 20,000 circulation, so they give a lot of journalists their start. If you work for them, you'll put in a lot of hours and be compensated with pay and benefits that are adequate at best.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how often does that patroit allow his balls to be fondled from behind, even though he's a center?

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

coming from a fuckwad who still uses under and over instead of more and less, yes, thanks for pointing out my spelling error.

11. Taylee

Taylee Member

The method of Ogden seems to be to keep a few decently paid veterans on staff to steady the ship and run the younger, less-paid crowd through the revolving door.

12. Monday Morning Sportswriter

A fuckwad? Wow, you must be one of my friends to know me that well.

My error noted. It's not a common mistake of mine, but I let down my guard in the morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted