1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ogden Newspaper Group ... any info on them?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BRoth, May 17, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I apologize if this needs to be moved, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything of the Ogden Newspaper Group. I'm interviewing with a paper owned by them and wanted to get any info I wouldn't be able to find online.

Thanks!

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Depends on where you're at, but on a whole, AHHHHHHH HHAAAAAA

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

The position would potentially be in Williamsport

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

They have a reputation for thriftiness.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The position will potentially not pay shit. And by "potentially", I mean "absolutely". And by "shit", I mean "fucking shit."

They advertise for a sports writer once a year at least on JJobs, and the salary range is 15-20K. Unless that's pounds sterling, you're going to get jack.

6. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

I only worked for an Ogden paper for a matter of weeks (changing hands), but if they skimp as bad at their newspapers as they do with the Pittsburgh Pirates, then run away.
    RUUUN AWAAAY!!

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

All we need is the band Slade to start singing "Run Runaway" and this thread is complete. <dateshimselfwith1970sreference>

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what about bon jovi's runaway?

9. rascalface

rascalface Member

or del shannon's runaway.

10. Please.
    BRoth, you could do a lot worse.
    If this is an entry level position, you could do a HELL of a lot worse.

11. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Got my first gig at an Ogden daily in Jamestown NY...helped me get where I am today (where is that?)....keep your expectations low and your sights high..

12. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I agree. I worked for an Ogden in NYS that was pretty good. Pay sucked (where doesn't it?), but management actually was pretty good for that specific paper.

Draft saved Draft deleted