1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Officious pricks that run high school athletics for $500, Alex

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Illegal unis are a gateway violation.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What a bullshit move.... then again, I can see it happening in this state...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So we're blindly accepting the coach's side over the IHSA official's side? Official says he's told the coach numerous times. Coach said he heard nothing till that day.

If I were trying to cover my ass, that would be my excuse too.

Just saying.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

WFW.

The same organization (or one that didn't do anything about it) that closed its press gate and locked the door at the small school state finals last weekend 90 minutes before game time because the staffers in Peoria had to go on break. You had radio guys out there standing with their dicks in their hands who wanted to go on air.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The comments were entertaining. Incredibly racist and full of mouth breathers, but very entertaining.
    Seems like I recall that some sort of problem happens everytime a Chicago school plays a downstate team in the state tournament. And that the Chicago schools and the fans always cry "racism."
    If the IHSA had a problem, did they put it in writing? Send a letter to the school? Have any documentation were they said the uniforms were a problem? If not, then I'll take the coach's word.
    Also, I didn't know a coach assessed a pre-game technical wasn't allowed to stand up during the game. Is that an Illinois rule?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Any coach hit with a technical looses the coaching box privilege; same applies to a "team" technical. National Federation rules.

8. That's almost as dumb as the uniform call.

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

The IHSA administrative people, generally speaking, are officious idiots who have no common sense. The last two state finals I've covered, in different sports with different people in charge, have featured either media-ignorant staffers or officials who had no clue how to conduct an event.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to my state...

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Seems to me that the problem here is that these IHSA folks don't have enough to do. That's why they're worried about this dumb shit.

I say that next year the moron who made this call and the idiots who backed it should be forced to work the regional basketball tournament in Montgomery. Because one good riot puts that too-wide stripe problem right back in perspective.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The opposing coach should be ashamed of himself for having to stoop that low to get a one measly point. To the ISHA: Why wasn't this brought up before the season began?

Draft saved Draft deleted