1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Official" unofficial Oregon State - Michigan "live" blog

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, SC, I realize that is probably Dan's point. I just think it's stupid. Sorry.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wow. I never would have thought to do this. I assure you of that.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Joey Wong lines out to first. Barney singles to right. Lissman grounds out to third, advancing Barney to second. Ogata, the DH is up, and works the count to 3-2 before drawing a walk. Pitch to Canham goes into the dirt moving the runners to second and third. Canham, a left-handed batter, takes three balls before Powers gets the count to full. Canham grounds out to short for the third out.
    Spnited - I just wanted to offer a venue for following the game for those might be boycotting the WWL, and to show solidarity with "blogger nation."

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can you include some "basement blogger" witicisms?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This is funny. :D

6. DanOregon

Adam Abraham grounds out to short to open the fifth inning. Catcher Doug Pickens up and flied out to shortstop Darwin Barney for out number 2. I didn't realize Barry Larkin (who is working with play-by-play man Gary Thorne) went to Michigan. Derek Vanbuskirk up for Michigan and he goes down swinging.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This needs more bad pop culture references.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

this is supposed to be a blog, not a play-by-play. i'm bored. more personality, less play-by-play

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Thus making spnited's point even more valid.

Oh by the way, spnited, how'd the Mets do this weekend? ;D

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I hope there aren't any interviews. I don't want to know why the manager took the pitcher out after that 3-2 changeup that missed the outside corner or why Brad Roblin didn't swing at that first-pitch fastball. What good is that kind of analysis, anyway?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mets looked great Friday night. Have they played since then?

12. DanOregon

Braden Wells leads off the bottom of the fifth for Oregon State and gains a walk from righty reliever Michael Powers on four pitches. Powers has pitched OK in relief, but it looks like Michigan head coach Rich Maloney is going to yank him and bring in Chris Fetter, who Gary Thorne said was scheduled to pitch game 3. Fetter has a 6-3 record and an ERA of four and a half. Lonnie Lechelt, the OSU third baseman, squared to bunt and lands one down the first base line to advance Wells to second. Lennerton up to face the righty Fetter and Fetter can't find the plate throwing three straight balls before getting a called strike one. Lennerton walks to put runners at first and second. Center fielder Chris Hopkins up and works count to 3-1. Michigan pitchers have had a hard time getting ahead of the hitters in this game. Strike two to Hopkins for a full count. Another walk. Bases loaded. One out. Joey Wong up and takes the first pitch for a strike. On a 1-1 count Wong squares to bunt and drops it in front of Fetter and brings in Wells who was running on the play. Wong thrown out at first. Oregon State 5, Michigan 0. Fetter just called for a balk, bringing in Lechelt. Darwin Barney drives it down the left field line to bring in Hopkins for another run. Oregon State 7, Michigan 0. Fetter yanked. Right-hander Ben Jenzen in to face Lissman with Barney on second and two outs. Lissman flies out to deep left for the final out.
    End of the 5th Inning: Oregon State 7, Michigan 0.

Draft saved Draft deleted