1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Summer Movie Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you like Hathaway, go rent Havoc. She has two great nude scenes...

Not a bad film either...

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Forgot about this thread when I started a Prada thread.

Anyway ...

Barring a miracle in my estimation, Meryl Streep will be nominated for an Academy Award for the 14th time.

Anne Hathaway and Adrian Grenier, as love interests, look like dueling Bambis with those incredible eyes and lashes, and Grenier surely seems like a lightweight, but other than that, the movie is rock solid and entertaining.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, watched it the other night. I would have been delighted if it had gone on for two more hours.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is amazing when stars are actually honest... I remember watching Kevin Spacey try to defend "Pay it Forward" and that idiotic movie where he plays an alien...

Then I remember seeing Bruce Willis interviewed about "Last Man Standing" and he was asked why on earth he did such a film...

"They paid me $15 million and it was only a six-week shoot..."

I love honesty...

5. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

So what's good for right now? Myself and the girl are going to see a flick tonight and we aren't really sure what to chec out. Superman is on my list as is X-III but in some areas it's already been pulled. Though, I'll probably wait to get the DVD for X-III...Anyway, now that summer is in full swing and most of you have seen some of these, what's a good to throw $20 down for?

6. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I liked John Tucker Must Die. Not quite as good as Mean Girls, but if you liked Mean Girls you'll like this.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I liked "A Family Home Companion" ... cute flick.

Draft saved Draft deleted