1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Summer Movie Thread... Are they all going to suck?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, May 26, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Spiderman 3 sucks...

Shrek the Third Sucks...

Pirates 3 works better than a handful of Ambien...

The best movie I've seen this summer is "The Ex" with Jason Bateman, Zach Braff and Amanda Peet. It's not very good, but it's still better than the three big-budget sequels that are nothing more than pure shit...

I hope "Knocked Up" breaks the streak...

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Isn't the Simpsons movie coming out soon?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Most movies suck.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes. And I can't wait.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought Shrek the Third wasn't too shabby. Spiderman III, tho....very shaky.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Shrek was better than Spiderman, but still extremely disappointing...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm with Doc.

Simpsons is the only one I'll go see.

I'll never understand the surprise at Spiderman 3 sucking. The first two sucked, why would the third be any better?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Anybody seen the ATHF movie?

I'm guessing I'll just wait for the DVD since I haven't heard much about it since the "bomb" scares a few months back.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It, pardon the pun, bombed something fierce. Out of theatres in a week. Apparently there was no discernible plot line, which makes sense if you've watched the show but is a hard sell to Joe Public.

I'd guess it's on DVD soon as the distributor tries to recoup its investment.

Die Hard 4 looks so bad, it looks good. Knocked Out looks hilarious and I'll definitely see The Simpsons the night it comes out.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

TMI aside, the Die Hard trailer makes the movie look like a video game with humans in it.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why not give movies under the radar a shot instead of buying into the supposedly "hot sequel of the summer?"

The only reason sequels exist nowadays is for the cash cow, which = major suckage.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The main thing I got from Pirates, other than numb buttocks (2:45 run time), was that they set it up for a fourth installment.

I expect "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Fountain of Youth" some time in 2009 or 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted