1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com Memorial Day cookout running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, May 27, 2007.

1. joe

joe Active Member

If it ain't charcoal, it ain't grilling.
    Chicken, green peppers, potato with rosemary. And a bunch of beer. The gym can live without me for a day;

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Charcoal guy all the way. Just make sure it's the fast-lighting kind, or you will slit your wrists.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Replace what's broken?

Seriously, the local Low Depot probably has enough parts to build a gas grille so long as you come up with your own metal box.

Charcoal is just too much of a pain in the ass to deal with. Gas is hot when you want it hot, off when you want it off, and with the right batch of wood chips you get lots of flavor. :)

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

After going to charcoal, I doubt I'll go back.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Once you go ... Oh, nevermind.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm jealous. I'll be at work, which will make me smile when the paycheck comes next week.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

As much as I love chicken, gotta disagree. A good steak, marinated just right, and cooked medium to medium well is just damn good.

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

If it doesn't light the first time, that just means more time for beer drinkin'! Always have variable times on the goods from the inside of the house because everything is based on that burning pit outside.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

going out in about 10 minutes to start soaking the mesquite hunks in a cooler full of water. will then fill the fire pit with charcoal and soak it with lighter fluid. will let 'em both sit for several hours before lighting and throwing the hog on the smoker. mmmmm baby back ribs.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

cook me up a few burgers, will ya, petty?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no ribs xan?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

well, burgers on top of ribs :D

Draft saved Draft deleted