1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com Las Vegas gathering, April 1-April 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Official SportsJournalists.com Las Vegas gathering, March or April, 2007

I'll second Cadet on the hotel close to good shopping.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hey, Chick, wanna be roomies for the Vegas gathering?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I would love to hit a Vegas gathering.
    I'm expecting some turnover in my department in the next year, so I don't know what my staffing situation will be.
    I think it might be doable for me.

4. sportschick

You're on. Let's see how many of us girls we can fit in that room and save some cash.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you have more than two single beds and enough towels and linens before trying a four-person cram. Trust me on this.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If it's after the College World Series and before football media days, I'm there.

7. sportschick

Isn't that why air sleeping bags were invented? We're Westerners. We're hardier than you folks back East  ;) :D ;D

The towel thing will take planning though.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I almost brought one just in case ... should have brought it and left the small cooler we never did use at home. :p Luckily, it was only for one night ... and we were far from bored.

Surely you and/or Cadet can charm some extra linens out of the hotel staff. The feminine charm is difficult for some to resist.

9. sportschick

Either out of the hotel staff or the boys down the hall . . . Watch your towels Sam . . . ;)

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And all this assumes we'll be sleeping.

This is Vegas, people. :D

11. sportschick

I'm still taking pics . . . and posting them on my myspace site ;D

12. sportschick

As long as they're not mine, they're going on my page . . . least for a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted