1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com fireworks (or not) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 4, 2007.

?

Got fireworks tonight?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2007.
  1. You betcha!

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. It's raining, dammit.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Too dry --- they'd set the woods on fire.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. It's snowing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm Canadian. What are you talking aboot, eh?

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. I'm working. What is this holiday schtuff of which you speak?

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

From my desk, I can hear them going off. I guess that counts for something ... right?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Our partner TV station and our newspaper sponsor fireworks over the river along with music and a simulcast. Starts in five minutes.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'll be watching them from the roof of a parking garage next to my husband's newspaper since he has to work.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Working here, but I'm sure we'll hear them (three sporting events have shows after their games). Of course, it's 80 out and extremely clear. :-\

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Count me in the minority, I was glad to work today. It's been raining since 9 a.m. so I really didn't make much -- except for time-and-a-half. :D

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

No. And I'm pissed. I have to go to the airport to pick up some fucking major from Guam who can't understand he's not supposed to arrive until Sunday. Thanks, sir, for fucking up my evening.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

That sucks because military base fireworks displays are some of the best around.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

My fuckstick neighbors are shooting some off in the backyard right now. This is after I come home to find them using my parking space as a launching pad.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah, some folks on post said those here at Lewis are pretty good.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

That is when you go and buy some bottle rockets and launch them directly at their car.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I went the passive aggressive route and completely ignored the guy and didn't even look at him when he said the cans in my spot were just for bottle rockets. And, of course, I am now the asshole, but they can go fuck themselves.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No aerial fireworks in my neighborhood because of a drought. So the fuckstick cross the street has been lighting them off all day -- with much of it coming from his 7-year-old nephew.
    I let the dog out to go pee and some other assfuck across the valley is shooting off a gun.....

Draft saved Draft deleted