1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com fireworks (or not) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 4, 2007.

?

Got fireworks tonight?

Poll closed Jul 5, 2007.
  1. You betcha!

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. It's raining, dammit.

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Too dry --- they'd set the woods on fire.

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. It's snowing.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm Canadian. What are you talking aboot, eh?

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. I'm working. What is this holiday schtuff of which you speak?

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I was going to go out on the porch and watch the fireworks .... that is, I was going to before the monsoon hit. This stinks.

2. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Fireworks scare me, ::) and it's raining here. I'm planning to walk down to the waterfront anyway, just to see what happens.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No shit ...

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Going in about an hour.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Örtlich festgelegt. :D

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Good god, girl, walk down to the waterfront...you can see most of the New York show from there!

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I couldn't care less. I'll take the $24 per hour today.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hey spnited, I got some buddies staying in Manhatten right now and they were bitching about not knowing where to go to watch fireworks tonight. Got any ideas for them?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's a little late, seeing how they are starting now... But anywhere on the FDR between 23rd and 42nd (three barges). Or at the South Street Seaport (one main barge, that launches them with the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge as the backdrop). I have an awesome view from my roof, but we're staying in. It's raining and we didn't feel like getting wet. Pretty lame, eh?

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

In our town, they have them on the 3rd at the lake. They sucked last night.

Started too late, finale was too short. Thumbs down.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. Looks like I am going up to watch. I'll let everyone know how they were. :)

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

2004 watched from a hotel suite on the 28th floor of a hotel on 3rd Ave and 39th in Manhattan...looking right at the main barge. Great show, much drinking, very good times!
    2005 atop the roof of a side-hill 26-story condo in on the NJ waterfront with a view of about 25 different town shows (in the distance, course) and partial view of Macy's show
    2006 on the waterfront in Hoboken clear view of the Statue of Liberty part of the NYC show .. partials of ther South Street Seaport and 42nd Street parts (throught or over the skyline)
    2007: working....son of a bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted