1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com 2007 WSOP Fantasy Pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

When you hold a pocket pair and hit one on the flop (i.e. 8-8 in hand, 2-8-5 flop), that is a set.

When you hold one card and hit two on the flop (i.e. A-9 in hand, A-A-6 flop), that is trips.

A small difference, but a difference nonetheless.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I really had never heard that before. I just understood trips to be another word for a set.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Anyone have John Juwanda?

John Juanda Eliminated
    Darryl Ronconi raises, John Juanda reraises with a short stack, and Ronconi puts him all in for about 2,000 more. Juanda shows 9-9, but Ronconi has A-A. The board bricks out for Juanda, and he is eliminated from the Main Event. Juanda had a good World Series this year, with five cashes, a final table, and $136,593 in winnings.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Nicely done.

CI is right. It is a great feeling to play as well as you can and have it rewarded.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Thanks. Can't wait to play again too. Monday and Tuesday. The APL I play in is nationwide. I think they're in 17 states now so you should check it out if they're in your area.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Thanks Phil Laak ... jackass!

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Paging Central Illinoisian ... updates anybody? Who's got people left in the field?

I know I still have Negraneau

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

STANDINGS THROUGH MAIN EVENT
    1. CentralIllinoisan -- 516
    2. The Good Doctor -- 458
    3. Tommy_Dreamer -- 384
    4. Big Dog -- 322
    5. Cape_Fear -- 248
    6. Ty Webb -- 238
    7. Inky_Wretch -- 222
    8. pallister -- 214
    9. Jim Tom Pinch -- 32
    10. GB-Hack -- 32

No one scored a point in the main event, so basically this thing was a wash-out the first year :( I'll re-calculate this next year (maybe just a "last longer" aspect to it, instead of top 27. We'll see.)

Anyway, I am the champion of the first WSOP fantasy pool, with The Good Doctor, Tommy_Dreamer and Big Dog getting some free stuff from me. If you guys want the stuff, you can PM me your addresses. If not, then, well, you don't. No big deal. I just have a deck of those Pro-Peek cards, a deck of plastic cards and some other stuff I'll wrangle up. Let me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted