1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official running, no, make that official CYCLING 97th Tour de France thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Official running, no, make that official CYCLING 97th Tour de France thread.

That big of a lock, eh? I'm hoping for some late-stage drama. I wish Armstrong would pass the torch to Kloden or Leipheimer and work to get them on the podium.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Leipheimer is a good bet to lead the team next year. He's a lot like Evans, solid in all aspects but almost never attacks.

Levi's been 'waiting in the wings' though and never really the man on the team most years. But if Lance stumbles or even pulls out as LeMond is suggesting he will do, Levi will be a decent podium contender

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

While I don't completely doubt anything you hear, I say Floyd has gone off the deep end.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Jesus. That couldn't have been written more matter-of-factly, but was still incredibly interesting. ... Snake or not, I have a hard time not believing every word he said.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Landis is cycling's Jose Canseco, but without any honor ::)

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Landis has to think LA's performance today pretty much proves his point.

I'm just glad I picked Tony Martin for my fantasy TdF team...and somehow I picked Bookwalter too, but I can't say I expected his result today.

Tomorrow is Cav's race of truth.

7. Shoeless Joe

"Spartacus" just can't be touched in TTs. Did anyone notice the size of his thighs? He's got power to spare. That being said, that's also why he's crap in the mountains.

Prologues don't usually mean crap, and today's especially because of the rain, but Lance putting time into Contador was very pleasing.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

My man crush is strong today

[​IMG]

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My man crush was crushed today by a crash with about 1K left.

Good thing the TdF organizers don't have Nascar's white-green-checker (or whatever it's called) strategy, or the cyclists would still be out on the course after that crazy finish today!

10. Shoeless Joe

That sharp right hander at that point in the race was stupid. You know the teams would be organizing for the sprint so that whole mess goes down to the race route as much as anything. The two others that followed it I'm not sure what happened.

I was kinda excited about today's finish because I've been to the stadium there in Brussels and have photos of myself it looks about like right where the finish line was. That was cool to see.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Cavendish is a phenominal sprinter ... when he can hold his line. He's a hazard otherwise and a marked man.

He couldn't handle that turn very well at all and was, again, one of the chief culprits causing the crash

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Love the cobbles and what it did to the field. Sad to see Frank out with an injury, but fun to see GC guys scramble with punctures.

Thor wins (good for him after having chance to sprint taken from him) and Fabu back in yellow. Almost like yesterday never happened

Draft saved Draft deleted