1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official running, no, make that official CYCLING 97th Tour de France thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Ooops he did it again!! Tour de France 2010: Lance Armstrong announces second retirement on Twitter
    Lance Armstrong has said that next month's Tour de France will be his last.

By Telegraph staff
    Published: 11:39PM 28 Jun 2010
    Armstrong will lead his RadioShack team at the Tour de France that starts in Rotterdam on Saturday for the final time after the 38 year-old Texan made the announcement on Twitter on Monday evening.

"This will be final Tour de France. It's been a great ride. Looking forward to three great weeks," said the American.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/lancearmstrong/7859882/Tour-de-France-2010-Lance-Armstrong-announces-second-retirement-on-Twitter.html

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I read it on Velonews or Cyclingnews yesterday, so I guess it is.

3. CR19

CR19 Member

Lance Armstrong... possibly the next Brett Favre.

4. Shoeless Joe

No. I'd say this is it.
    He shouldn't have come back in the first place. Riding the Tour is a young man's game. Armstrong won't ride just to ride if he can't be in with at least a chance to win.
    Plus, all that shit Landis was talking a month ago has stirred stuff up with WADA that he doesn't want to deal with.

5. Deeper_Background

It would be fun to see LA's old form back in the mountains but Contador just has another gear in his back pocket judging from last year (doping mabye?)

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Anybody check out the versus special on Lance vs. Contador? Not bad. As for winners, I will throw out Cadel Evans. I also think Levi Leipheimer might do pretty ok this year.

7. Shoeless Joe

I just don't think Evans has the killer instinct. If he can sneak into a break and get a lead he might be able to keep it. If it's close, I just don't see him giving anybody "the look."

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[/fun with quotes]

9. Deeper_Background

Levi for the podium! :)

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Official running, no, make that official CYCLING 97th Tour de France thread.

I admit, I'm looking forward to the carnage on the cobblestones on stage 3.

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Landis dropping more bombs: WSportsJournalists.com - Blood Brothers http://on.wSportsJournalists.com/bsXIfh

This will not end well

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

And if Contador survives the cobbles without losing too much time or without failing a doping test somewhere along the way, the race is his

Draft saved Draft deleted