1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official running NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 1, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So now there is a report that the suspensions of Wes Welker and Josh Gordon could be reduced or overturned as part of a new drug testing agreement between the league and the player's union.

Of course, Ray Rice's joke of a suspension still stands despite the new domestic violence policy.

I get that the way the policies are being put in place is different, but it still speaks to the inconsistency in how the NFL punishes its players.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

My guess would be that the difference is the drug policy is collectively bargained, so the league would have to make some concessions to the NFLPA to make whatever change the league wants to make. And assuming the NFLPA had a say in creating the new domestic abuse policy, it certainly would not go for increasing an already levied suspension -- reducing, perhaps, but not increasing.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is all perfectly logical. That said, allowing any new policy to retroactively change a punishment that has been already been imposed is a joke.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Green Bay sure ran out of gas in the second half tonight.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I enjoyed watching the revamped defense.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Rodgers didn't throw at Sherman once all game.

7. Mr. Sunshine

In the Seahawks' last four games, they've dominated Brees, Manning and Rodgers. Scary team.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

About as I feared - a Seattle rout. I had the Seahawks winning but figured it would be close, perhaps with Rodgers with a final shot at winning it.

Seattle is simply better and the Packers are a 9-7/10-6 squad. Seahawks show that defense still matters... if it's elite.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The sex thing was one thing that, if the writer had more time with them and been able to get to know them better, I would have liked to have read about. If he has such a reputation for being a womanizer, how does she feel about it and why is she still with him after all these years.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Billions of reasons.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're a creep for not thinking theirs is a love affair for the ages.

The funnier piece -- (hi, Deadspin) -- would be a compilation of which sports owners are most generous to their fuck meat.

Use Sterling as the baseline considering he gave Viv a home and a handful of exotic cars -- which is funny because he was known as the cheapest cheapskate when it came to his team.

Draft saved Draft deleted