1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official running NFL Week 1 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Predictive text is a pox on society.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't we usually have an SportsJournalists.com league set up on Yahoo? I haven't seen anything about it this year.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Rams claimed Case Keenum. I like the move. Kid's got potential.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Your new Raiders starting QB: Derek Carr (per Jay Glazer) ...

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/506563994652803076

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Man, Matt Schaub was Matt Flynn to a fuckin' T this year.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Schaub's done. Raiders finally did something right.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And the circle of life is complete, as when Schaub went to Houston for his first true starting job, it was to replace ... David Carr.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What it's all about.

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Watt is one of those guys who I feel like could get a four-day suspension any day now. I feel the same way about Clay Matthews.

But if they're doing something, to their credit, they have not been caught.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The toll on Jim Irsay for his DUI/bags of pills/bags of cash excursion: one year probation, 90 days suspended drivers' license -- and six games and $500,000 from the NFL.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/02/colts-owner-jim-irsay-court-today-plea-hearing/14954557/

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was willing to give McKenzie/Allen a slight pass for Flynn last year because well it was worth a shot given how bare the Raiders QB shelf was and how Flynn appeared to be a legit QB at one time;

But two times in consecutive years? You pay huge $$ for another questionable QB and again he doesn't make it out of the preseason? If that's not a strong indicator of the lack of the ability to judge the most important position on the field, what is?

The Raiders have got to be the laughingstock of the league right now in terms of QB judging, its like the Vikings are hoping that the Raiders offer 2 firsts for Cassel next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted