1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Running NCAA/March Madness thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Mar 17, 2019.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

And think about all the DI fans who will never know what a football or basketball title feels like.

They could root for 50 years, and never know.

South Carolina
    Pitt
    Va Tech
    Wake Forest
    WVU
    Okla State
    Texas AM
    Cal
    Stanford
    This could be a long assed list

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Looked like he was wide open to me, but my beef was really more with the announce and production teams for CBS. That was a crazy play that could have swung a national championship and they barely analyzed it even though there was plenty of time to do so during the timeout. They spent more time talking about the tying shot than the crazy turnover that set up a final chance for Texas Tech.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Congrats to UVa. Signed - a reasonable Hokie fan.

Big Circus likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jesus. Virginia fans are going from zero to insufferable fast enough for Red Sox fans to cock an eyebrow.
    Until about 30 minutes ago Virginia was on that long-assed list, too. So congratulations, celebrate and enjoy this, but pump the brakes a little bit there, Scouty.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

As someone who deals with both Virginia and Tech fans on a daily basis, neither compare to the assholishness of fans of the two blue teams in the state to the south, so they’ve got to go a long ways to go to get to that level.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sorry, but it was, in my opinion, a ridiculous question.

You always take the title.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Weird one shining moment - just three clips from the final?

Also - what is the protocol for cutting down the nets? The team and coach cut the first one down. The support staff and AD cut the second one down?

PS - Pete Newell and Darrel Imhoff say hello. Cal won the '59 NCAA title.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Right. Put your head down, take it to the basket and make something happen. Don't throw up a quick 3 with a defender in your face.

Iron_chet likes this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, no doubt. But Virginia just escaped that purgatory he's talking about. A little perspective is in order.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I know plenty of families where parents went to Va Tech and UVA. And had kids go to each school, making for fun rivalry. But you are so right, Duke and UNC, combined the worst of being a douche with the stank of being an asshole.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I really did mean it as a serious question, especially since they were talking about it so much at the end. It's kind of a Faustian bargain.

Draft saved Draft deleted