1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Running NCAA/March Madness thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Mar 17, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Eighth grade my bus dropped me off at school and I got off, faked like I was tying my shoes on the massive staircase leading up to the school while I waited for him to drive off, then walked two blocks to a convenience store to pick up USA Today. That’s insanity in today’s day and age but, how the hell else was I getting the coverage?

Webster likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

They’re playing Iowa and will score 85 points. While it’s a 7, they’re playing a team that doesn’t even belong.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They'd share the front page with the women's bracket. Woke before it was popular.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is picking his bracket today, but wont reveal it until April 9, round by round via twitter

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

ESPN article notes Duke is biggest pretournament favorite since 2015 Kentucky team, which of course didn't win and damn near didn't make the Final Four. At 30-1, Houston seems like a tempting flutter. Not exactly an overlay, but close.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I really thought UB would fade back into obscurity after Hurley left. Instead Oats has that program far beyond what Hurley has accomplished at ASU with much better resources.

I'm sure Hurley is just waiting for coach K to finally retire so he gets a shot at the Duke job. But I wonder if Duke or ESPN want that whiney little toad to be the face of their program. Most in the country don't see his games, because he's on the West Coast. But he is the biggest complainer/beggar/red ass in college basketball, by a long shot. He has taken the coach K "I smell something funny" facial expression to new heights.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Right up there with the post-Super Bowl Ad Meter edition.

Webster likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Back in February I dropped $20 on Tennessee at 10-1 odds. I felt a lot better about it then than I do now.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If you had gotten 15-1 that would have been better, but it's hardly a terrible bet.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, on the odds/chances to win scale them and North Carolina (both were hanging in at 10-1 or 12-1 before the brackets were announced) seemed like the best bets. Tennessee just hasn't looked quite at that level as consistently during the second half of the season as they did the first.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So he'd have all of the personality of Coach K, and none of the cachet. Sounds like a perfect hire, Duke. Do it!

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And you thought they just had a good basketball team?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted