1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Couple of good Royals links: royaleswithcheese.blogspot.com and my personal fav: selltheroyals.com

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

david glass must die

3. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

By the way, Carlos Zambrano is no-hitting the Braves through six-plus. Unfortunately, he has 114 pitches and has already walked six..... so we're looking at a "combined" no-no at best, today.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

or jaque jones...

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

And.... Jacque Jones loses a ball in the sun, ruled a hit. So much for that.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Watching the Cubs or the Royals is the equivalent of watching your favorite college football team lose with slow freshmen.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Braves fan, please allow me to point out that for more than half my life, the Royals were the Braves and vice-versa, in terms of success. In fact, I've argued that the Braves' playoff streak is one of the most amazing achievements in sports history, given that for so long they were as woeful as the Royals are now.

So all the Royals need to do is trade Glass for Ted, and then lure Scheurholtz (sp?) back! See, how easy that is?

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I read that the Royals might go after Dayton Moore, Schuerholz' right hand man and a Wichita native. I could probably get excited about that.

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

The Royals are held in such high esteem right now that even the Indians television crew (John Saunders and Rick Manning) talked about them for a few minutes and cracked a couple jokes. And the Indians are in Detroit this weekend, where nobody needs to be talking about the Royals.

(Did you know the Royals have lost seven games this season when they held a lead of three runs or more? Did you know they've lost 14 straight in Yankee Stadium? ... The numbers keep on coming.)

10. Orange Hat Bobcat

The Royals are up 7-5 entering the bottom of the ninth at Yankee Stadium ... but don't hold your breath or anything; the game is delayed.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I saw that and thought, "You know, that's just their luck." Then again, considering that they've converted only 5 of 17 save opportunities, rain might be the best thing that could have happened to them.

12. Orange Hat Bobcat

The Royals win it! The Royals win it! Oh my God, the Royals win it!

Draft saved Draft deleted