1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Re: Royals getting no hit through six...

Not to mention that people are talking fantasy baseball on the real baseball thread. Its just not sportsdicks day.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have no idea. Not sure I can handle that at all.

I hate baseball, dammit. :mad:

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I just wanted to bitch about the Royals, because I know there's an inordinate amount of folks who feel the same way as me... please, let's just unite behind KC's gawd-awfulness.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

But at least all us KC fans can count on King Carl kicking ass in the draft next weekend. Oh yeah, nevermind.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

and quality clock management from Herm and fair coverage of herm from whitlock

6. doubledown68

I wanna hear more about Larry Johnson's nightlife.

7. doubledown68

Re: Royals getting no hit through five..

It's sad that I must regurgitate this thread less than three weeks after starting it, but Mr. Vasquez is at it again. He's tossing a perfect game against the hapless Royals.

Memo to David Glass... if you want to make changes with this team, start by selling it, fucker. Hoops was right.. Baird sucks, but this guy never spending more than 50 million ensures continued sucking.

Since I'll be in attendance tomorrow, I can only hope for a perfect game to see how long the hitless/scoreless streak continues on Sunday afternoon.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: Royals getting no hit through five..

Exactly. They could but a great GM in there, but the salary restrictions would limit how much they could do to improve. They can't just spend, though. They need to spend it on the right players. They need to make the right decisions. That means no Juan Gone, no Benito Santiago, etc. The Royals have to hope that Alex Gordon and Billy Butler live up to their promise, then build around them.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Re: Royals suck, suck, suck

Soon the contenders will start picking this team dry. I can only imagine what attendance will be then.

I hate Steinbrenner, but now I can see why he doesn't want to subsidize these dumbass teams.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

As a Royals fan, I don't fully buy the "Glass has to spend money" argument. Would it help if he spent more than $100 million? Maybe. But the Twins and A's have gotten it done with small payrolls. The people in the organization from Baird to the scouts are incompetent.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

fuck david glass

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

Everything in the organization needs to go but Baird is getting fired on Monday. I'd like to know what the scouting department budget is, it should be huge. I want to know what video equipment and people they got to disect film on people. I want to know how cheap Glass is being behind the scenes and just not in the payroll. And honestly, they have the position players now according to the youth movement coming through the ranks (Butler, Gordon, Teahen(MISTAKE), DeJesus, Huber, Maier) now they need to spend money on some fucking starting pitching...the Pen and Field look decent in two years.

I really wish I could quit being a Royals fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted