1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

Re: Royals getting no hit through six...

you can poke run at whatever you want

a no-hitter is a little different than blowing a 4-run lead. hell, at the same time florida blew a 5-0 lead

it's baseball, it happens all the time.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's sad, but I occasionally have that dream from time to time. If I ever achieve that sort of wealth, that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

3. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

All I could think about while the Royals rolled to another (three-hit) shutout loss was Jon Bon Jovi, jaunting around the stage ...

"Whooah, we're halfway there"

... as in, y'know, the Royals have already lost 10 in a row and are well on their way to breaking the franchise's longest losing streak ever (19, which they set all of six months ago). Oh, halfway there.

(And on a side note, the season's only 14 games old. How have the Royals even managed to lose 10 straight?)

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As much as I rip on owners who butt in, I'd be the most hands-on owner in the history of sports if I ever had the money to own a team.

5. doubledown68

The cool part is they're 7.5 games out I think... and it's April 19!

The last two years, KC's season has lasted about a week. It's depressing.

6. doubledown68

Me, too. I'm not fond of Snyder, Steinbrenner, et. al, but at least you KNOW they wanna fucking win. Glass is under the impression the Royals are a Wal-Mart, where lower is better. But that moron doesn't realize you've got to spend money to make money. Go after some decent free agents. Shell some money out when you develop a player who excels. You do that, and KC will respond... all that moron has to do is go back to 2003, when the city was abuzz with a suddenly average team. Shit, people would go nuts for .500 right now.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

At the same time, no late-season heartbreak.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Fantastic.

The Pirates' actual slogan -- "WE WILL" -- is pretty hilarious, too.

WE WILL...

- Blame baseball for all our problems
    - Trade away all our talent, yet get little in return
    - Spend first-round draft picks on No.4 starters
    - Create an illusion of progress by bringing in "name" veterans with "young" talent, which is neither that young or that talented
    - Give fans all the reason not to attend "The Best Ballpark in America"

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, once Wenalway has its multimillion-dollar IPO and if I get a piece of the proceeds, I'll be sure to come to KC and kick butt. First, though, there has to be some sort of tax that forces the city residents to do my bidding. Competitive balance, you know.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Cougarguy and I were just discussing this at dinner last night, the atrocity that is the Pittsburgh Pirates. The other night on the phone, my father told me how he was in Pennsylvania over the weekend and watched a Pirates game. First, he growled about the fact that there were no fans in a five-year-old ballpark. Then he snarled and said, "I don't recognize any of those guys. They all look like they belong in a grunge band."

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

For all the Pirates fans bitching..........Mcwhatever built you guys a new park.........now put a decent team together.

You all never should have let VanSlyke, Bonds and Bonilla go.

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Tell that to Kevin McClatchy, Dave Littlefield, Cam Bonifay, et al. If anything, McClatchy's It Boy status went downhill only a few years after he bought the Bucs. Ten years ago he was the toast of the town.

(God, it's been that long.)

Draft saved Draft deleted