1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Re: Royals getting no hit through six...

Can he be called Dougie Alphabet, too?

Some things I realized while considering the team I root for is ran by quite possibly the worst owner/GM combo in sports history:

Baird is all about the youth movement, yet he signs Sanders, Dougie Alphabet and Mark Alphabet. The youth movement is why he says he kept Costa over Aaron Guiel, but all Guiel has done is hit about .350 in the past season and a month at Omaha. No player has been horsefucked worse by an organization than the Royals have to Guiel.

The pitcher of the future, Zack Grienke, all 22 years of him, can't decide whether or not he wants to pitch.. that he lost his love of the game. Yo Zack, odds are you've got a million or so in the bank already, and you won't find a more low-pressure job. Win, and you're a savior. Lose, and what the fuck, you probably got 3 hits of support anyway.

This team could lose 110 games.. maybe more. And for all I know, they could be the first team to be last in both offense and ERA.

And in the Murphy's Law category, I just saw the only ball Sweeney has probably hit hard all year almost get turned into a game-ending 5-3 DP. Sweeney, if you're keeping track, makes 11 million and needs a three-game hot streak to reach the fucking Mendoza line.

I say again to Allard Baird: fuck you.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I think we have next year's marketing slogan.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dd,

i blame glass more than baird. baird's just incompetent, glass is indifferent. that's worse.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Double, it's not that Greinke doesnt't want to pitch. He just doesn't want to pitch in KC.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Hoops, six of one half dozen of the other. What bothers me more is this team lays down all the freaking time. It's one thing if they're fighting, clawing, throwing strikes and losing by a run or two. But they walk like seven people a game. Are you telling me you can't find seven guys who can at least throw strikes???

What's more, they don't play smart. No talent, fine. But play with a brain. If I had a dollar for every time a Royal swung at the first pitch in a two-out, bases loaded situation, I'd be richer than Sweeney this season.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I like the threads about people cutting farts.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Eventually the Royals' fear of the hard-hitting media watchdogs will get to them, and they'll start shaping up.

Either that, or someone will accidentally see something in someone's locker, and a decade or so later, there'll be some landscape-altering coverage.

8. flaming_mo

flaming_mo Guest

Poor Scott Elarton is now 0-4 in four starts despite pitching reasonably well.

I bet Zach can't wait to get back.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Well, I'm off to spank the phonics monkey.

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

I thought it was Minky-wickets. Oops.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Did the Kauffman's not have any children to pass the team on to? It's just sickening how the Royals went from just about the best ownership in baseball to the worst. Anybody with a few hundred million bucks laying around want to buy the team and try to win?

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

i started a thread on the yankees-blue jays game, and it was locked.

i can't poke run at randy johnson and the yankees for blowing a 4-0 lead?

Draft saved Draft deleted