1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't get full of yourselves, bluebloods. It was the Texas Rangers on getaway day and it was Kam Loe and suckass Ron Mahay (who allowed four unearned runs on HIS OWN error), after all.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Damn, can't you let the poor, suffering Royals folk enjoy one fucking win?? I mean, the Royals may not win another game this month!

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Sorry to resurrect this one from the dead, but the hot team is on the right side of Missouri for once. Two clutch outs by Burgos and one terrible throw from So Taguchi, and KC (gasp!) is starting to look like a major league team.

And it's just great to see St. Louis lose. :)

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The NL should surrender right now.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You can't help but savor victories like that. And my favorite Royal -- Joey Gathright -- even drove in one run. Great day. :D

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Let's not forget the best part of the game ... Pujols flying out to end the game as the tying run.

Kansas City is 9-7 in interleague play, which guarantees a .500 record. That's without playing the Cubs.

7. doubledown68

As long as that guy keeps hitting, I'll chalk it up as a good move. Moore watched how the Royals won in their glory days -- guys who could fly, and guys who rip line drives into the gaps all day long. Yes, I hope someone breaks the ridulous mark of 36 home runs. But you're not gonna slug your way to 100 wins in Kansas City. The park is too damn big.

With DeJesus, Gathright and Sanders (for this year anyway), that outfield suddenly becomes somewhat respectable.

8. doubledown68

Yes, it's been dormant for six weeks. But when Luke Hudson delivers a performance that defines every syllable of the word putresence (if that even is a word); giving up 10 runs in 1/3 of an inning, and this happening after dropping 3 straight one-run games, it's time to remind the world again how much the Royals do indeed suck.

But they still might be responsible for keeping the Sawx out of the playoffs; and there is some joy I take in turning New Englanders into even bigger, bitchier, whinier babies during the winter months.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The Royals are on a roll, baby. I'm pretty sure they've won five game in 2 weeks.
    Snap.

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Seven actually. Three against the mighty Red Sawx, two against the world champion Good Guys at Cellular Field and now they just swept a doubleheader from AL West leading Oakland.

Kauffman Stadium - where contenders realize how overrated they really are. :)

11. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Damn I never seen a team lose the bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted