1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I wish I had something to add here, but I don't. I went to the May 7 Royals/White Sox game in U.S. Cellular (aptly named the Cell, given the fan base), and some friends and I tried to snag a table in the right field bullpen bar. I stood there and watched Mark Redman warm up, when the ball bounced toward me and John Buck looked up and seemed genuinly surprised to see someone stupid enough to be wearing a Royals shirt.

Buck shot me the "Hang Loose" sign, then promptly did not hang loose in the game, stiking out looking with a runner on second in one inning. What's the point of all this you ask? I have no fucking clue. Fire David Glass.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Great ... two wins in a row, three of five on the road. Glass is probably thinking everything is now falling into place.

3. doubledown68

Less than 24 hours after costing a rookie his first win by blowing a 2-run lead in the ninth, KC has currently given up seven unanswered at last count, paced by three errors. And they were bad errors, at least Ryan Lebefebre (sic) said so.

This team is licks the sweat off of a dead man's balls. Like Montesque Garlick said in Good Morning Vietnam: "I have no idea what that means, but it can't be good."

(In full disclosure, I recently purchased the above film for 5 bucks, hence the strange reference)

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Went from up 4-0 to down 11-4. Ouch.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

6. doubledown68

That was epic stuff. Just Phenomenal.

Spoke too soon. KC 13, Rangers 11. Yeesh.

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Eighth inning. Royals 16, Rangers 12. Texas has two on and one out.

I say the final score will be 19-18 Texas.

8. doubledown68

16-12, KC. If I suddenly turned bright tangerine and had a large tree grow out of my ass, I wouldn't be more surprised.

9. billikens

billikens Member

...maybe a little more surprised?

i'm celebrating the win. these don't come around often.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're right. Not near enough.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Yes, winning sure beats losing. But now the Royals won't win for awhile, which means going to Sunday's game is a lost cause for me. I guess my daughter can just get her friggin' stuffed Sluggerrr and we can go home and watch the World Cup.

12. doubledown68

I'll be at Friday's and Saturday's affairs. Unfortunately, methinks the best part of both games will be the pre-game trip to Hi-Boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted