1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Non-BCS Bowl Games thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Five-yard penalty on grass. Fifteen on artificial turf.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Andre Ware was blowing Clausen throughout the game... but never mentioned that he's running it up on fucking Hawaii. Then again, when Clausen needed a rally to beat San Diego State at home and didn't have enough to beat lame-duck Greg Robinson and Syracuse in South Bend, it looks like the greatest game ever played by a quarterback.

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Time to start the ND-to-the-BCS talk!

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was anyone else stunned that ESPN the mag had a story about "why every bowl matters?" Of course it matters, dumbasses. You have a stake in nearly every one of them, and run six of them, including the sham of the bowl that allowed Notre Dame to break its bowl losing streak. Yeah, I think I'll put an asterisk next to this one.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . thus sayeth the network that's been plumping for a playoff since the word was conceived . . .

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, you misunderstand: I would rather have toothpicks forced under my finger- and toenails than watch the NBA. College ball? Cool. NBA? Gah. Please just kill me and get it over with.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fuck bloated-system this and too-many-bowls that.

I sure as hell wish there were a 35th, 36th and 37th bowl today rather than six NBA games.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's a Thursday after Thanksgiving and NFL Network doesn't have a game on tonight.

Me not likey.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Notre Dame's bowl losing streak on the North American continent is still intact.

Clausen and his ND temmates are classless fucks. After one of his TDs, he gave the Hawaiian "hang loose" hand sign to the Hawaii fans and then after another TD was shaking his head like "you can't stop me, you can only hope to contain me." After a long TD pass, Golden Tate waved goodbye to the Hawaii fans.

Yeah, they sure lit up a secondary that was I-AA quality.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No Irish fanboi here, but it's hilarious how we can say this team had anything I-AA quality when it had BCS team Cincinnati on the ropes to the final two minutes.

A little perspective, please. You can say they didn't show up last night. You can say ND played over its head. But don't be saying they're a noncompetitive football team.

11. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Garner-Webb- 7
    Georgia Tech- 10

Any given Saturday, as it were.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Maybe I'm out of my gourd, but I could have sworn I saw a hitch in Clausen's throwing motion.

Draft saved Draft deleted