1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official NCAA Lacrosse Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 24, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Had to bump this up to respond to you ondeadline.  See my previous post on this page.  That sums up what the overall feeling is towards them.  They are not perfect and several of those on that team is fortunate that their names didn't get drugged into the mud. 

To put gas on the fire, Mr. Whitlock weighed in with his latest KC Star column on it.  I'll let you look that up at your leisure. 

Of course, there are no winners in this.  Sherlock Holmes didn't have to figure that out.  Truth to the matter is that that team kept their noses clean after stepping into their own shit and stayed out of the spotlight, like all good Olympic sports do at major universities.  We insinuated that it would be poetic justice if Duke won (that is not to say that we jumped on their bandwagon to be looser fanboys.)  Hopkins took an early lead and held on to win.  Credit to the Blue Jays, but they could have really blew their wad if Duke tied it up and forced overtime. 

Now, the sport of lacrosse returns to its prominent role:  a blurb in the sports section.  (Hate saying that as a Midwesterner because we don't play it, but I appreciate watching it.)

Draft saved Draft deleted