1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official NCAA Lacrosse Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 24, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Johns Hopkins University, Duke University, Cornell University, and the University of Delaware are in the Div I Final Four.

Discuss

2. No.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Wow, Duke has a lacrosse team?

I though that they only played basketball.

That's the first time I've ever heard of it.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I played the sport for a couple of years in high school -- we were the only public HS in Brooklyn to have a team and we sucked. Really loved watching it when I was in college, but haven't really followed the sport since.

Having said that, taped the Cornell-Albany game last Saturday (and when did Albany get good?). Great game with a very exciting finish. I'll be rooting for my Big Red to bring it home this weekend.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

GOOOOOOO Blue Hens! Bob Shillinglaw is a good guy plus they have some good, underrated kids on that team. And the best faceoff middie out there, period, in Alex Smith. Kid got a free four-year education only because he can win faceoffs and sprint off the field. Hoping that Cornell can pull an upset off on their side too.

The Albany-Cornell game was great last week. I ended up being late to a bbq because I couldn't pull myself from the end. Albany has a great coach in Scott Marr, and his dog Otis. Too bad they lost with four seconds left in OT.

Really just as long as Hopkins doesn't win I'll be okay. I've never been to a Lax final four, and I won't get there this year either, but it's definitely an event I want to get to.

Go whoever plays Hopkins!

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What is "a list of top colleges ... and Delaware"?

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Lets go Big Red!

One of the leading scorers on the team is from a local high school.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but something is telling me Duke.....

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Let's go Delaware. They are playing too well as of late to not win the championship. If they beat Hopkins, they can take out Duke in the final. Alex Smith is the most dominant face-off player in the history of the NCAA and the Hens are finally getting their offense together. Let's go Hens!

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Johns Hopkins, just because.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

We always hear how Jim Brown was such a splendid lacrosse player.
    And I am unfamiliar with the sport, to a large degree.
    But you call Alex Smith the best ever "face-off" player in the history of collegiate play.
    What position or style did Jim play at SU.
    Educate me, if you will.

12. blueview

blueview Member

Delaware = the least of the four evils.

Draft saved Draft deleted